English translation of 'cobaia'
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'cobaia' in Other Languages
British English: guinea pig /ˈɡɪnɪ pɪɡ/ NOUN
person If someone is used as a guinea pig in an experiment, a drug or other treatment is tested for the first time on them.
The doctor used himself as a guinea pig in his research.
- American English: guinea pig for experiment
- Arabic: حَقْل لِلتَجارِب
- Brazilian Portuguese: cobaia
- Chinese: 实验品
- Croatian: pokusni kunić
- Czech: pokusný králík
- Danish: forsøgskanin
- Dutch: proefkonijn
- European Spanish: conejillo de indias
- Finnish: koekaniini
- French: cobaye
- German: Versuchskaninchen
- Greek: πειραματόζωο μεταφορικά
- Italian: cavia
- Japanese: 実験台 for experiment
- Korean: 피험자
- Norwegian: forsøkskanin
- Polish: królik doświadczalny
- European Portuguese: cobaia
- Romanian: cobai
- Russian: подопытный кролик
- Spanish: conejillo de indias
- Swedish: försökskanin
- Thai: หนูตะเภาสำหรับทดลอง
- Turkish: kobay
- Ukrainian: піддослідний кролик
- Vietnamese: vật thí nghiệm
Translation of cobaia from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.