English translation of 'contrabandear'
transitive verb, intransitive verb
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'contrabandear' in Other Languages
British English: smuggle /ˈsmʌɡl/ VERB
If someone smuggles things or people into a place or out of it, they take them there illegally or secretly.
He smuggled papers out each day and photocopied them.
- American English: smuggle
- Arabic: يُهَرِّبُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: contrabandear
- Chinese: 走私
- Croatian: krijumčariti
- Czech: pašovat
- Danish: smugle
- Dutch: smokkelen
- European Spanish: pasar de contrabando
- Finnish: salakuljettaa
- French: faire de la contrebande
- German: schmuggeln
- Greek: κάνω λαθρεμπόριο
- Italian: contrabbandare
- Japanese: 密輸する
- Korean: 밀수입하다
- Norwegian: smugle
- Polish: przemycić
- European Portuguese: contrabandear
- Romanian: a aduce pe furiș
- Russian: провозить контрабандой
- Spanish: pasar de contrabando
- Swedish: smuggla
- Thai: ลักลอบนำเข้า
- Turkish: kaçakçılık yapmak
- Ukrainian: провозити контрабандою
- Vietnamese: buôn lậu
Translation of contrabandear from the Collins Portuguese to English
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.