English translation of 'delação'
Word forms: plural delações
1. (de pessoa: denúncia)
(: traição) betrayal
2. (de abusos) disclosure
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'delação' in Other Languages
British English: whistle-blowing NOUN
Whistle-blowing is the act of telling the authorities or the public that the organization you are working for is doing something immoral or illegal.
It took internal whistle-blowing and investigative journalism to uncover the rot.
- American English: whistle-blowing
- Brazilian Portuguese: delação
- Chinese: > 检举 >自己所工作的机构或组织
- European Spanish: denuncia de irregularidades
- French: dénonciations
- German: Verpfeifen
- Italian: denuncia di attività illegali di un'organizzazione dal suo interno
- Japanese: 内部告発
- Korean: 고발
- European Portuguese: delação
- Spanish: denuncia de irregularidades
Translation of delação from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.