English translation of 'destaque'
2. (pessoa, coisa) highlight
3. (do noticiário) main point
pessoa de destaque distinguished person
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'destaque' in Other Languages
British English: highlight /ˈhaɪˌlaɪt/ NOUN
The highlights of an event, activity, or period of time are the most interesting or exciting parts of it.
The match was one of the highlights of the tournament.
- American English: highlight
- Arabic: نِقَاطٌ رَئِيسِيَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: destaque
- Chinese: 亮点
- Croatian: najvažniji događaj
- Czech: hlavní událost
- Danish: højdepunkt
- Dutch: hoogtepunt
- European Spanish: plato fuerte sobresaliente
- Finnish: kohokohta
- French: temps fort
- German: Höhepunkt
- Greek: καλύτερο σημείο
- Italian: momento saliente
- Japanese: ハイライト やま場
- Korean: 최고조의 부분
- Norwegian: høydepunkt
- Polish: główna atrakcja
- European Portuguese: destaque
- Romanian: trăsătură esențială
- Russian: ключевой момент
- Spanish: plato fuerte asunto más importante en una serie de ellos
- Swedish: höjdpunkt
- Thai: จุดเด่น
- Turkish: önemli olay
- Ukrainian: головна подія
- Vietnamese: phần nổi bật
Translation of destaque from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.