English translation of 'escravizar'
1. to enslave
2. (cativar) to captivate
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'escravizar' in Other Languages
British English: slave /sleɪv/ VERB
If you slave, you work very hard.
He slaved over his poem for three evenings.
He was slaving away in the hot kitchen.
- American English: slave
- Arabic: يُكَدِّحُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: escravizar
- Chinese: 辛勤努力
- Croatian: robovati
- Czech: otročit
- Danish: slave
- Dutch: uitsloven (zich)
- European Spanish: esclavizar
- Finnish: raataa
- French: trimer
- German: schuften
- Greek: σκλαβώνω
- Italian: lavorare come uno schiavo
- Japanese: 奴隷のように働く
- Korean: 혹사하다
- Norwegian: slave
- Polish: tyrać
- European Portuguese: escravizar
- Romanian: a munci ca un rob
- Russian: выполнять тяжелую работу
- Spanish: esclavizar
- Swedish: slava
- Thai: ทำงานอย่างหนัก
- Turkish: köle gibi çalışmak
- Ukrainian: працювати як раб
- Vietnamese: làm việc như nô lệ
Translation of escravizar from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary