English translation of 'esmola'
1. alms pl
2. (informal: surra) thrashing
pedir esmolas to beg
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'esmola' in Other Languages
British English: dole /dəʊl/ NOUN
The dole is money that is given regularly by the government to people who are unemployed.
He was living on the dole.
- American English: welfare
- Arabic: إِعَانَةٌ لـِمُتَعَطِّليـن
- Brazilian Portuguese: auxílio desemprego
- Chinese: 救济金
- Croatian: novčana potpora
- Czech: podpora v nezaměstnanosti
- Danish: arbejdsløshedsunderstøttelse
- Dutch: uitkering
- European Spanish: subsidio de desempleo
- Finnish: työttömyyskorvaus
- French: chômage
- German: Arbeitslosenunterstützung
- Greek: επίδομα ανεργίας
- Italian: sussidio di disoccupazione
- Japanese: 失業手当
- Korean: 실업 수당
- Norwegian: utdeling
- Polish: zasiłek dla bezrobotnych
- European Portuguese: esmola
- Romanian: ajutor de șomaj
- Russian: пособие по безработице
- Spanish: subsidio de desempleo
- Swedish: arbetslöshetsunderstöd
- Thai: เงินที่รัฐบาลให้กับคนว่างงานทุกเดือน
- Turkish: yoksulluk yardımı
- Ukrainian: допомога через безробіття
- Vietnamese: tiền trợ cấp thất nghiệp
Translation of esmola from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.