English translation of 'estrear'
1. (vestido) to wear for the first time
2. (peça de teatro) to perform for the first time
3. (veículo) to use for the first time
4. (filme) to show for the first time, première
estrear uma carreira to embark on or begin a career
1. (ator, jogador) to make one's first appearance
2. (filme, peça) to open
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'estrear' in Other Languages
British English: premiere VERB
When a film or show premieres or is premiered, it is shown to an audience for the first time.
The documentary premiered at the film festival.
They premiered two new songs.
Translation of estrear from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary