English translation of 'expansão'
1. expansion, spread
2. (de alegria) effusiveness
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'expansão' in Other Languages
British English: expansion NOUN
Expansion is the process of becoming greater in size, number, or amount.
...the rapid expansion of private health insurance.
British English: sprawl NOUN
You can use sprawl to refer to an area where a city has grown outwards in an uncontrolled way.
The whole urban sprawl of of the city contains over 2.6 million people.
- American English: sprawl
- Brazilian Portuguese: expansão
- Chinese: 扩张
- European Spanish: expansión descontrolada
- French: développement tentaculaire
- German: Ausbreitung
- Italian: zona sviluppatasi in modo incontrollato
- Japanese: スプロール現象
- Korean: 무질서하게 뻗어나간 지역
- European Portuguese: expansão
- Spanish: expansión descontrolada
Translation of expansão from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary