English translation of 'ficha'
1. (also: ficha de telefone) token
2. (also: ficha de jogo) chip
3. (de fichário) (index) card
4. (police) record
5. (Portugal electricity and electronics) plug
6. (em loja, lanchonete) ticket
caiu a ficha (figurative: informal) the penny dropped
dar a ficha de alguém (figurative: informal) to give the low-down on sb
ter ficha na polícia to have a criminal record
ter ficha limpa (informal) to have a clean record
ficha de identidade means sg of identification, ID
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'ficha' in Other Languages
British English: token /ˈtəʊkən/ NOUN
A token is a piece of paper, plastic, or metal which can be used instead of money.
...a book token.
- American English: token
- Arabic: قَسِيمَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: ficha sinal de sentimento
- Chinese: 代币
- Croatian: znamen
- Czech: žeton
- Danish: tegn
- Dutch: fiche
- European Spanish: vale indicación
- Finnish: merkki
- French: gage
- German: Zeichen
- Greek: τεκμήριο
- Italian: buono
- Japanese: しるし 現れ
- Korean: 표시
- Norwegian: oblat
- Polish: żeton
- European Portuguese: ficha
- Romanian: jeton
- Russian: жетон
- Spanish: vale indicio o muestra inmaterial de algo
- Swedish: pollett
- Thai: สิ่งที่ใช้เป็นสัญลักษณ์
- Turkish: nişan belirti
- Ukrainian: жетон
- Vietnamese: biên lai, phiếu, thẻ đổi hàng
Translation of ficha from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.