English translation of 'ganha-pão'
Word forms: plural ganha-pães
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'ganha-pão' in Other Languages
British English: bread and butter NOUN
Something that is the bread and butter of a person or organization is the activity or work that provides the main part of their income.
The mobile phone business was actually his bread and butter.
British English: breadwinner NOUN
The breadwinner in a family is the person in it who earns the money that the family needs for essential things.
I've always paid the bills and been the breadwinner.
- American English: breadwinner
- Brazilian Portuguese: esteio
- Chinese: 养家糊口的人
- European Spanish: sostén de la familia
- French: soutien de famille
- German: Ernährer
- Italian: chi guadagna il pane per tutta la famiglia
- Japanese: 一家の稼ぎ手
- Korean: 한 집안의 생계를 책임진 사람
- European Portuguese: ganha-pão
- Spanish: sostén de la familia
Translation of ganha-pão from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary