English translation of 'hipismo'
1. (turfe) horse racing
2. (equitação) (horse) riding
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'hipismo' in Other Languages
British English: show jumping /ʃəʊ ˈdʒʌmpɪŋ/ NOUN
Show jumping is a sport in which horses are ridden in competitions to demonstrate their skill in jumping over fences and walls.
- American English: show jumping
- Arabic: قَفْزُ الـحَوَاجِز
- Brazilian Portuguese: hipismo
- Chinese: 骑马越障表演
- Croatian: utrke s preponama
- Czech: parkur
- Danish: ridebanespringning
- Dutch: springconcours
- European Spanish: concurso hípico
- Finnish: esteratsastus
- French: concours hippique
- German: Springreiten
- Greek: επίδειξη ιππασίας
- Italian: concorso ippico
- Japanese: 障害飛越
- Korean: 장애물 뛰어넘기
- Norwegian: sprangridning
- Polish: skoki przez przeszkody
- European Portuguese: hipismo
- Romanian: sărituri obstacole
- Russian: конкур
- Spanish: concurso hípico
- Swedish: hinderhoppning
- Thai: การแสดงการขี่ม้าวิ่งข้ามสิ่งกีดขวาง
- Turkish: engel atlama
- Ukrainian: конкур
- Vietnamese: môn đua ngựa
Translation of hipismo from the Collins Portuguese to English
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.