English translation of 'inquérito'
2. (law) inquest
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'inquérito' in Other Languages
British English: inquest /ˈɪnˌkwɛst/ NOUN
An inquest is an official inquiry into the cause of someone's death.
The inquest into their deaths began yesterday.
- American English: inquest
- Arabic: إِسْتِجْوابٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: inquérito
- Chinese: 审讯
- Croatian: istraga
- Czech: soudní vyšetřování příčiny smrti
- Danish: ligsyn
- Dutch: gerechtelijk onderzoek
- European Spanish: indagación judicial
- Finnish: kuolinsyyntutkimus
- French: enquête
- German: gerichtliche Untersuchung der Todesursache
- Greek: ανάκριση
- Italian: inchiesta
- Japanese: 検死審問
- Korean: 심리 재판
- Norwegian: likskue
- Polish: śledztwo
- European Portuguese: inquérito
- Romanian: anchetă
- Russian: следствие
- Spanish: indagación
- Swedish: undersökning
- Thai: การสอบสวนสาเหตุที่เสียชีวิต
- Turkish: soruşturma
- Ukrainian: розслідування
- Vietnamese: cuộc điều tra chính thức
Translation of inquérito from the Collins Portuguese to English
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.