English translation of 'inscrever'
1. (gravar) to inscribe
2. (aluno) to enrol (BRIT), enroll (US)
3. (em registro) to register
inscrever-se reflexive verb
1 to enrol(l)
2 to register
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'inscrever' in Other Languages
British English: sign on /saɪn ɒn/ VERB
In the UK, when an unemployed person signs on, they officially inform the authorities that they are unemployed, so that they can receive money from the government in order to live.
He has signed on at the job centre.
- American English: sign on
- Arabic: يُخْبِرُ الـحُكُومَةَ بِبَاطِلِه
- Brazilian Portuguese: solicitar seguro-desemprego
- Chinese: 申请失业救济
- Croatian: uzimati socijalnu pomoć
- Czech: hlásit se na úřadu práce jako nezaměstnaný
- Danish: melde sig ledig
- Dutch: registreren
- European Spanish: alistarse
- Finnish: ilmoittautua työttömäksi
- French: s’engager
- German: arbeitslos melden (sich)
- Greek: εγγράφομαι σε μητρώο ανέργων
- Italian: iscriversi
- Japanese: 失業登録をする
- Korean: 실업 등록하다
- Norwegian: anmelde
- Polish: zaangażować
- European Portuguese: inscrever subsídio de desemprego
- Romanian: a anunța statul că este șomerpentru a primi șomajul
- Russian: регистрироваться на бирже труда
- Spanish: inscribirse
- Swedish: anställa anordna
- Thai: เซ็นลงทะเบียนเพื่อรับเงินสวัสดิการ
- Turkish: kaydolmak
- Ukrainian: реєструватися
- Vietnamese: đăng ký tại phòng trợ cấp thất nghiệp
British English: inscribe VERB
If you inscribe words on an object, you write or carve the words on the object.
Some galleries commemorate donors by inscribing their names on the walls.
Translation of inscrever from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.