English translation of 'inverter'
1. (mudar) to alter
2. (ordem) to invert, reverse
3. (colocar às avessas) to turn upside down, invert
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'inverter' in Other Languages
British English: reverse /rɪˈvɜːs/ VERB
To reverse a process, decision, or policy means to change it to its opposite.
The Government has had to reverse its policy.
- American English: reverse
- Arabic: يَقْلِبُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: inverter
- Chinese: 颠倒
- Croatian: okrenuti
- Czech: zvrátit rozhodnutí
- Danish: ændre
- Dutch: omdraaien
- European Spanish: invertir alterar
- Finnish: vaihtaa suuntaa
- French: inverser
- German: umkehren
- Greek: αντιστρέφω
- Italian: invertire
- Japanese: 逆にする
- Korean: 거꾸로 하다
- Norwegian: omgjøre
- Polish: odwrócić
- European Portuguese: inverter
- Romanian: a schimba
- Russian: разворачивать
- Spanish: invertir cambiar el orden o el sentido
- Swedish: backa
- Thai: เพิกถอน
- Turkish: geri dönmek
- Ukrainian: змінювати на протилежне
- Vietnamese: đảo ngược
British English: invert VERB
If you invert something, you turn it the other way up or back to front.
Invert the cake onto a cooling rack.
Translation of inverter from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.