English translation of 'inverter'
1. (mudar) to alter
2. (ordem) to invert, reverse
3. (colocar às avessas) to turn upside down, invert
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'inverter' in Other Languages
British English: reverse /rɪˈvɜːs/ VERB
To reverse a process, decision, or policy means to change it to its opposite.
The Government has had to reverse its policy.
- American English: reverse
- Arabic: يَقْلِبُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: inverter
- Chinese: 颠倒
- Croatian: okrenuti
- Czech: zvrátit rozhodnutí
- Danish: ændre
- Dutch: omdraaien
- European Spanish: invertir alterar
- Finnish: vaihtaa suuntaa
- French: inverser
- German: umkehren
- Greek: αντιστρέφω
- Italian: invertire
- Japanese: 逆にする
- Korean: 거꾸로 하다
- Norwegian: omgjøre
- Polish: odwrócić
- European Portuguese: inverter
- Romanian: a schimba
- Russian: разворачивать
- Spanish: invertir cambiar el orden o el sentido
- Swedish: backa
- Thai: เพิกถอน
- Turkish: geri dönmek
- Ukrainian: змінювати на протилежне
- Vietnamese: đảo ngược
British English: invert VERB
If you invert something, you turn it the other way up or back to front.
Invert the cake onto a cooling rack.
Translation of inverter from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary