English translation of 'lanterna'
2. (portátil) torch (BRIT), flashlight (US)
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'lanterna' in Other Languages
British English: flashlight /ˈflæʃˌlaɪt/ NOUN
A flashlight is a small portable electric light which gets its power from batteries.
- American English: flashlight
- Arabic: مِصْباحٌ بَطَّارِيَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: lanterna
- Chinese: 手电筒
- Croatian: baterijska svjetiljka
- Czech: baterka kapesní svítilna
- Danish: lommelygte
- Dutch: zaklantaarn
- European Spanish: linterna
- Finnish: salamavalo
- French: torche
- German: Blitzlicht
- Greek: φακός
- Italian: pila tascabile
- Japanese: 懐中電灯
- Korean: 플래시
- Norwegian: lommelykt
- Polish: latarka
- European Portuguese: lanterna
- Romanian: lanternă
- Russian: фонарь
- Spanish: linterna
- Swedish: ficklampa
- Thai: ไฟฉาย
- Turkish: flaş fotoğraf makinesi vb
- Ukrainian: ліхтарик
- Vietnamese: đèn flash
British English: lantern NOUN
A lantern is a lamp in a metal frame with glass sides and with a handle on top so you can carry it.
Translation of lanterna from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.