English translation of 'maltratar'
1. to ill-treat
2. (com palavras) to abuse
3. (estragar) to ruin, damage
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'maltratar' in Other Languages
British English: ill-treat /ɪlˈtriːt/ VERB
If someone ill-treats you, they treat you badly or cruelly.
They thought he had been ill-treating his wife.
- American English: ill-treat
- Arabic: يُعَامِلُ مُعَامَلةً سَيِّئَةً
- Brazilian Portuguese: maltratar
- Chinese: 虐待
- Croatian: zlostavljati
- Czech: špatně zacházet s někým
- Danish: behandle dårligt
- Dutch: slecht behandelen
- European Spanish: maltratar
- Finnish: kohdella huonosti
- French: maltraiter
- German: misshandeln
- Greek: κακομεταχειρίζομαι
- Italian: maltrattare
- Japanese: 虐待する
- Korean: 학대하다
- Norwegian: mishandle
- Polish: zmaltretować
- European Portuguese: maltratar
- Romanian: a maltrata
- Russian: плохо обращаться
- Spanish: maltratar
- Swedish: misshandla
- Thai: ปฏิบัติต่ออย่างไม่ดี
- Turkish: kötü muamele etmek
- Ukrainian: погано ставитися
- Vietnamese: bạc đãi
Translation of maltratar from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.