English translation of 'maternidade'
1. motherhood, maternity
2. (hospital) maternity hospital
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'maternidade' in Other Languages
British English: maternity hospital /məˈtɜːnɪtɪ ˈhɒspɪtəl/ NOUN
A maternity hospital is a hospital that provides help and medical care to women when they are pregnant and when they give birth.
- American English: maternity hospital
- Arabic: مُسْتَشْفَى الْوِلَادَةِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: maternidade
- Chinese: 妇产科医院
- Croatian: rodilište
- Czech: porodnice
- Danish: fødeklinik
- Dutch: kraamkliniek
- European Spanish: maternidad
- Finnish: synnytyssairaala
- French: maternité
- German: Entbindungsklinik
- Greek: μαιευτήριο
- Italian: maternità
- Japanese: 産科病院
- Korean: 산과병원
- Norwegian: fødeavdeling
- Polish: szpital położniczy
- European Portuguese: maternidade
- Romanian: maternitate
- Russian: родильный дом
- Spanish: maternidad
- Swedish: BB
- Thai: โรงพยาบาลแม่และเด็ก
- Turkish: doğum hastanesi
- Ukrainian: пологовий будинок
- Vietnamese: nhà hộ sinh
British English: motherhood NOUN
Motherhood is the state of being a mother.
...women who try to combine work and motherhood.
Translation of maternidade from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary