English translation of 'núcleo'
1. nucleus sg
2. (centro) centre (BRIT), center (US)
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'núcleo' in Other Languages
British English: hard-core NOUN
You can refer to the members of a group who are the most committed to its activities as a hard core of members.
We've got a hard core of customers that have stood by us.
- American English: hard core
- Brazilian Portuguese: núcleo
- Chinese: 中坚分子
- European Spanish: (miembro) incondicional
- French: noyau dur
- German: harter Kern
- Italian: zoccolo duro
- Japanese: 中核
- Korean: 핵심 인물
- European Portuguese: núcleo
- Spanish: (miembro) incondicional
British English: kernel NOUN
The kernel of a nut is the part that is inside the shell.
British English: nucleus NOUN
The nucleus of an atom or cell is the central part of it.
Neutrons and protons are bound together in the nucleus of an atom.
Translation of núcleo from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary