English translation of 'gabacho'
Word forms: gabacho, gabacha
1. (informal, pejorative) (= francés) froggy (informal) ⧫ Frenchy (informal)
2. (Geography) Pyrenean
▪ idiom: le salió gabacha la cosa (Andes) (informal) it came to nothing
masculine noun/feminine noun
1. (informal, pejorative) frog (informal) ⧫ Frenchy (informal)
2. (Geography) Pyrenean villager
3. (Mexico) (= extranjero) foreigner ⧫ outsider
(en Tejas) white American ⧫ Yankee
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Trends of 'gabacho'
Used Rarely. gabacho is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage over:
Translation of gabacho from the Collins Spanish to English
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.